Monday, February 15, 2016

A "Revisioning" of Frankenboob

That's what she called it: "A revisioning..."

Granted, Dr. App said, "of the left breast," but she did chuckle when I called it Frankenboob.
Revision: "a change or a set of changes that corrects or improves something."

In other words, I won't be starting chemotherapy this Friday. 
          Or next Friday.

Instead, after starting back to work today, I'll be there the next day and a half and then head to Blodgett Hospital to have a bit of outpatient surgery.  Just a bit.  Let's call it a procedure.  A sedated procedure to fix a hole or two.  But hopefully without a stick or a hatchet. 


And then I'll be back out of work for about a week and a half.  And then we'll see. 

I did ask, as I did Friday, whether this complication is due to something that I did or did not do; I had the irritating feeling that I'd failed somehow.  But, just like Friday, I was told, no, that this can happen after surgery, it wasn't something I did wrong.

I think that's important to remember if you're reading this down the line after your own surgery.  Yes, rest, eat plenty of protein, follow the doctor's instructions, but you're still left waiting for your body to heal.  And sometimes a stitch doesn't hold. 

Cue people suggesting all sorts of other nefarious reasons why my body didn't heal as ordered.  Someone didn't do as they were supposed to do - the quality of materials was faulty - yada yada yada.  Wow.  We really do seem to live in a time when someone has to be blamed for everything.

But, really, sometimes a stitch doesn't hold.

And sometimes cells don't do what they're supposed to do.  After all, I'm sitting here because of an 18 mm ball of cells that refused to do what they're supposed to do.   
Good thoughts/vibes are much appreciated later this week.  Please and thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment