Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Late Hello to 2010. I Will Crush You.

Yes, it's February. January was around here just a second ago but disappeared when I wasn't looking. 

2010.  A big year for me.  Potentially.  Hopefully.  A purging year, and not in an eating disorder way.  [Binging I could probably master given the right kind (any) of ice cream; the purging just wouldn't occur.]

2010.  A year I'll rid myself of yet another reminder of old failures: I'm getting a new bed. 

*cue chorus of angels*

A small thing to some; a large purchase for me. I've had the same king-sized bed for at least 12 years.  YEARS.  My relationship with this piece of furniture has now lasted longer than my failed marriage.  It has survived a husband, three boyfriends, one particularly unreligious Easter, and, generally, a slew of bad decisions.  It has lived in ... wait ... eight (?), yes, EIGHT homes.  I, and countless others, have hauled that monstrosity seven times.  I, alone, have flipped it through potentially back spasming yet comical maneuvers that always left me feeling oddly powerful.

It's time.

The top contenders at present are a euro-top or a spine align plus queen (made locally in West Michigan).  Yes, a queen.  A full seems a bit sad; a twin is horribly sad.  A queen is big enough for me to sprawl when I feel like sprawling yet also proclaims, "I expect I'll need a two-person bed at some point in the future."  Yes, a queen will do quite nicely.  And, let's face it:  A king is nice, especially when you really don't care to touch the other person, ever, but it tends to take up all the space and is more of a nuisance than a blessing.  Huh.  Takes up space; more of a nuisance than a blessing.  Wow.  No wonder they call it a king; it really is a male.

And I wonder why I'm single.  Ah well, the ultra-plush, two-person bed will be there if/when I need it. 

See *taptaptap* I'm always thinking ahead ...

.....

More 2010 changes to come ...

2 comments:

  1. You deserve to be treated like the queen that you are! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you almost made it to the end, but that cynical commen-tater we have grown to love shines through after all!

    ReplyDelete