Tuesday, January 26, 2016

NO WHAMMIES!!!

Nope. None. Nada. 

We've got NO whammies here, ma'am!

               *dances silly jig*

I got the call earlier today.  A nurse from the Betty Ford Breast Cancer Center called to check up on how my night of iced boobs went following the afternoon of 13 biopsies.  The conversation went something like this:

-----

I have some questions to ask before we get to your pathology.  So how did last night go when you got home?

Pathology? You have the pathology?


Oh, yes, but there's a checklist here, we'll get to that.

*Me. Instantly thinking it must be bad news.*


So how did last night go?

Fine. All fine. I haven't taken pain pills since this morning.


Do you have bruising?

Not much.  It's fine.


Fever?

No.


Well, okay, good, just let us know [FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN TELL ME THE PATHOLOGY] if there are any changes or if you have any questions.

Of course, so you have the pathology?


Yes, let's see ... [YOU'RE KILLING ME, SMALLS!]

Okay, both areas biopsied have the same diagnosis.

*Me. Positive that she just told me that the biopsies have the same diagnosis as my tumor because OF COURSE THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO THINK HEARING THOSE WORDS!*


The same?


Yes blah blah blah benign blah blah blah blah

Wait, back up ... benign?!


Yes, no further cancer was shown.

*Silence as a wave of relief is crashing over me*


Kimberly?

*I finally get out*  I'm here.  Just a second.
Why do I always cry at GOOD news?!


Of course, dear.  Now blah blah blah blah blah medical terms blah call us if you have questions.


-------

And then I was back under control. 

None of the 13 biopsies yesterday showed any cancer cells!  Can I get a "Yay!!!!" - because I'm fairly certain all of my neighbors know I was flippin' happy for a while minute there.

So this means my surgery Friday will be a lumpectomy to remove the main tumor and removal of several sentinel lymph nodes to check those for cancer as well.  I will still have chemotherapy and radiation but the cancer has not spread to the rest of my left breast or to my right.  My next big hope is that the lymph nodes continue to be clear.

But for now - NO WHAMMIES! 

1 comment:

  1. Weeeeeeeeehooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! *HAPPY DANCE INDEED*

    ReplyDelete